GBP to EUR: As UK GDP comes in weaker than expected we are left with perfect Pound buying opportunities
Wednesday, 25 January 2012 11:34
"These levels and slightly higher ones in EUR/GBP should make excellent GBP buying opportunities."
The GBP to EUR exchange rate is 0.3% higher on yesterday, GBPEUR is at 1.2023.
According to one foreign exchange services company, current rates have created a 'perfect buying opportunity' for the Pound.
Schneider Foreign Exchange have taken the opportunity to mull over the latest UK GDP figures, saying that we are left with perfect buying opportunities for GBP:
"UK GDP was weaker than expected - falling 0.2% quarter-on-quarter in Q4 - and the minutes of the Bank of England's January meeting showed 'some' members saying that further asset purchases were 'likely'.
"More Quantitive Easing is largely expected, and despite the fact that the UK economy is very weak - in line with the rest of Europe - Bank of England debt monetisation means that there is no downward impact on Gilt prices.
"These levels and slightly higher ones in EUR/GBP should make excellent GBP buying opportunities. The chances of settling close to £0.84 in EUR/GBP or rising above it are higher than they have been in some time."
GBP to EUR: Latest News
- GBP to EUR finally decides to wake up as risk-rebound goes into overdrive in afternoon session
- GBP to EUR: Uneventful market conditions continue! Currency pair virtually unchanged from yesterday
- GBP to EUR technicals: Things are starting to look heavy for the EUR again
- GBP to EUR in strong advances as a dovish ECB session looms, latest PMI data does not help either
- The GBP to EUR is a bright spot on a day when markets are showing a renewed sense of fear on the Eurozone outlook
- GBP to EUR technicals: 0.8500 level held firm and the EUR failed at its first major hurdle
- Technical outlook for the GBP to EUR exchange rate: Go short on the breaking of 0.8315 for EURGBP say RBS
"These levels, and slightly higher ones in EUR/GBP, should make excellent GBP buying opportunities." Read More....
Most Popular on GBP to EUR.com
- GBP to EUR: RBS sees exchange rate higher in one year
- Where to for GBP to EUR?
- GBP to EUR today: Pound slips on latest data
- The week ahead for GBP
- Pound Euro: Key data events for the week ahead
- GBP to EUR latest; UK unemployment figures are out
- GBP falls, risk aversion knocks demand
- GBP to EUR looking cheap at current levels
- GBP to EUR: Inflation accelerates but no one is expecting a shift in attitude at the Bank of England
- GBP to EUR is having a good day courtesy of a stock market slump
GBP to EUR - Get a Quote
Our partners at foreign exchange specialists
TorFX are here to assist you with your money transfer requirements between Europe and the UK.
Ask for your quote today.
As a secure FSA regulated payment provider they have access to over 40 currency accounts and can provide same day exchange transfers.