UKForex intra-day GBP to EUR exchange rate forecast
Thursday, 26 January 2012 14:26
UKForex say they see a range today in the GBPEUR rate of 1.1850 to 1.2040.
The GBP to EUR exchange rate is 0.74% lower at 1.1925 at 14:23 in London.
The single currency has gained on the back of the US Fed's announcement that suggested there will be more accommodative monetary policy for longer.
The EUR started yesterday’s session off with positive data from Germany as business sentiment rose for a third month in a row in January.
The positivity was short lived as once again the dark clouds gathered over Greece.
Comments from each of Germany's weekly Die Zeit, IMFs Legarde, Merkel and Soros all pointing to a lack of resolution in Greece and in turn saw the EUR remain low.
The US session saw the EUR jump.
As you have probably guessed, this was on the back of the FED news to keep interest rate low for an extended period and on discussions on further QE.
The USD was dumped and Euro shot back above 1.3000. After a quite Asian session, we have seen the Euro continue to rise and it sits at 1.3138 versus the US Dollar.
GBP has lost ground against the single currency.
The GBPEUR pair was sitting above 1.2000 during the UK session yesterday, but we fell as low as 1.1935 after the US news.
GBP to EUR: Latest News
- GBP to EUR finally decides to wake up as risk-rebound goes into overdrive in afternoon session
- GBP to EUR: Uneventful market conditions continue! Currency pair virtually unchanged from yesterday
- GBP to EUR technicals: Things are starting to look heavy for the EUR again
- GBP to EUR in strong advances as a dovish ECB session looms, latest PMI data does not help either
- The GBP to EUR is a bright spot on a day when markets are showing a renewed sense of fear on the Eurozone outlook
- GBP to EUR technicals: 0.8500 level held firm and the EUR failed at its first major hurdle
- Technical outlook for the GBP to EUR exchange rate: Go short on the breaking of 0.8315 for EURGBP say RBS
"These levels, and slightly higher ones in EUR/GBP, should make excellent GBP buying opportunities." Read More....
Most Popular on GBP to EUR.com
- GBP to EUR: RBS sees exchange rate higher in one year
- Where to for GBP to EUR?
- GBP to EUR today: Pound slips on latest data
- The week ahead for GBP
- Pound Euro: Key data events for the week ahead
- GBP to EUR latest; UK unemployment figures are out
- GBP falls, risk aversion knocks demand
- GBP to EUR looking cheap at current levels
- GBP to EUR: Inflation accelerates but no one is expecting a shift in attitude at the Bank of England
- GBP to EUR is having a good day courtesy of a stock market slump
GBP to EUR - Get a Quote
Our partners at foreign exchange specialists
TorFX are here to assist you with your money transfer requirements between Europe and the UK.
Ask for your quote today.
As a secure FSA regulated payment provider they have access to over 40 currency accounts and can provide same day exchange transfers.