Technical outlook for the GBP to EUR exchange rate: Go short on the breaking of 0.8315 for EURGBP say RBS
Tuesday, 06 March 2012 13:47
The GBP to EUR exchange rate is currently just 0.02% higher at 1.2008. The EUR to GBP is at 0.8322.
In a technical note on the EUR-GBP, RBS say:
"Go short on the breaking of 0.8315 and target 0.8280 onto 0.8223 stopping through the 5 day standard MA.
"Pressure builds on the trend line composed by the 2012 lows so far and the bias is for this cross to break lower once the stubborn support at 0.8315 has been broken.
"Stops look to building below here and this should be the trigger for moves lower to 0.8280 even back to the lows at 0.8223 which is the golden projection of the December 2011 sell off and the 2012 so far….
"So when the 0.8315 level is broken keep stops tight on a close above the 5 day moving average in anticipation for this to be a compulsive move. Bar the spike out at the end of March technically we are still in an almost perfect triangle continuation pattern!"
In the long term RBS think there is good risk return here for a longer term short position with stop losses through 0.8520 targeting .8286 onto 0.8192 onto 0.8069.
Do not forget the longer term trend is bias and that there is pressure building in this period of consolidation which looks to be released in the same direction the market entered it; south.
GBP to EUR: Latest News
- GBP to EUR finally decides to wake up as risk-rebound goes into overdrive in afternoon session
- GBP to EUR: Uneventful market conditions continue! Currency pair virtually unchanged from yesterday
- GBP to EUR technicals: Things are starting to look heavy for the EUR again
- GBP to EUR in strong advances as a dovish ECB session looms, latest PMI data does not help either
- The GBP to EUR is a bright spot on a day when markets are showing a renewed sense of fear on the Eurozone outlook
- GBP to EUR technicals: 0.8500 level held firm and the EUR failed at its first major hurdle
- Technical outlook for the GBP to EUR exchange rate: Go short on the breaking of 0.8315 for EURGBP say RBS
"These levels, and slightly higher ones in EUR/GBP, should make excellent GBP buying opportunities." Read More....
Most Popular on GBP to EUR.com
- GBP to EUR: RBS sees exchange rate higher in one year
- Where to for GBP to EUR?
- GBP to EUR today: Pound slips on latest data
- The week ahead for GBP
- Pound Euro: Key data events for the week ahead
- GBP to EUR latest; UK unemployment figures are out
- GBP falls, risk aversion knocks demand
- GBP to EUR looking cheap at current levels
- GBP to EUR: Inflation accelerates but no one is expecting a shift in attitude at the Bank of England
- GBP to EUR is having a good day courtesy of a stock market slump
GBP to EUR - Get a Quote
Our partners at foreign exchange specialists
TorFX are here to assist you with your money transfer requirements between Europe and the UK.
Ask for your quote today.
As a secure FSA regulated payment provider they have access to over 40 currency accounts and can provide same day exchange transfers.